The mpls downtown council (mdc) works to create an extraordinary downtown. Founded in 1955, mdc is one of the most historic business associations in the nation.
mdc has been a visionary and advocate for improvements in downtown mpls. From the early planning of the skyway system and the creation of Nicollet Mall, to the modern zoning code of today’s downtown, to the 2009 launch of the Downtown Improvement District (DID), mdc has been an active collaborator with mpls city officials and staff to maintain a strong economy downtown. The mdc produces many esteemed events, including the mpls Aquatennial and Holidazzle.
The mdc is a business association funded mainly by voluntary membership dues and contributions from its member companies. It is a 501(c)(6) entity. mdc is governed by a 60 member Board of Directors and an active Executive Committee.
mdc is working towards implementation of Intersections: The Downtown 2025 Plan, which is the result of 80 business, education, and faith leaders, neighborhood residents, and city/county personnel (both elected and non-elected) working over 12 months to create a vision for mpls downtown in 2025 along five dimensions:
- Education/Faith/Human Services
- Entertainment and Hospitality
- Greening and Public Realm
- Transportation and Transit
For more information, please visit www.mplsdowntown.com
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Location: mpls in person
Salary: Dependent upon Qualifications
Type: Full Time/non-exempt
Deadline: Until filled Supervisor: Reports to Director of Events & Programs
mpls downtown council is an equal opportunity employer.
The Event Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Events and Programs and will assist with all aspects of events produced by the mpls downtown council with the goal of creating an extraordinary downtown. The position will manage multiple events simultaneously and maintain a high level of responsiveness and professionalism. Flexibility and a positive attitude are key components to the success of this position.
- Provide and manage logistics details for event participants including parade units, vendors, entertainment, and speakers
- Create and manage relationships with various vendors
- Manage signage plan and execution for all events
- Manage and track registration for all events
- Manage mdc program status and logistical needs
- Facilitate and support on site execution of events and programming
- Work closely with key staff to include the director of operations, communications manager, director of membership, and finance team
- Customer service experience
- Scheduling or logistical experience
- Experience managing event details
- Experience with event vendors
- Event registration experience
- Physical demands, ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Strong written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills, articulate and well spoken
- Ability to think at a tactical level and more broadly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills, Adobe Suite skills preferred
Other duties as assigned
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume along with three references. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.