Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) is searching for a full-time Race Operations Coordinator. TCM plans and executes the region’s premier events, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, a Top 10 U.S. Marathon. With a mission of promoting healthy lifestyles by igniting everyone’s inner athlete, TCM is proud to provide financial support to youth and professional athlete initiatives.
The Race Operations Coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing race operations for select TCM races including the newly acquired Women Run the Cities and contributing to other TCM events and race operations as assigned. This new position supports the expanding portfolio of TCM races and events and works directly with the TCM Race Operations team, including the Race Director (RD) and Race Operations Manager (ROM).
Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills are critical for the Race Operations Coordinator position. The position reports to the Race Director (RD) and is responsible for the following:
• Serve as the lead race planner and manager for assigned TCM races and events, with support provided by the Race Operations Interns and direction from the RD and ROM. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Coordinate event site, traffic management, planning and permits with city agencies
o Manage logistics document
o Work with Event Experience Manager (EEM) on participant activities, start/finish area traffic flow and event signage plan
o Work with TCM Sponsorship team to facilitate event sponsorships and partnerships
o Work with vendors and manage contract obligations
o Coordinate vehicle plans, including rentals and assigned drivers
o Coordinate with Volunteer Manager to secure volunteers including medical leads
o Collaborate with volunteer committee and attend regularly scheduled meetings (evening or morning meetings may apply)
o Assist in the registration and results process, working with the Registration Coordinator
o Procure volunteer and committee/staff race gear
• Provide significant race management support for other TCM races, including the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon weekend events
• Assist with defining and managing budgets, submitting requests for proposals, and tracking expenses
• Assist in managing warehouse inventory and logistics
• Provide direction to the Race Operations Intern
• Other duties as apparent and as assigned by the RD
• Minimum 1-2 years race management experience and/or project management experience
• Proven ability to work with peer, community and volunteer groups
• Skillful communicator able to effectively interact with a diverse group of personalities
• Effective leader, able to build consensus among all constituencies
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to regularly lift weights for events up to 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 40 lbs.
• Available to work non –traditional business hours during assigned events and to attend evening and morning meetings
• Able to handle busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations
• Four-year degree preferred
• Experience with non-profits and volunteerism a plus
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, salary qualifications and a resume by May 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org