The Event and Promotions Coordinator will help coordinate a variety of projects for the department; including logistical and oversight support for the creation and execution of Live Racing promotions, events and entertainment initiatives and sponsorship fulfillment. Additionally, this position will assist with supervising the seasonal interns.
We seek someone who is capable of understanding event planning, marketing, promotions and operational objectives, is great at managing deadlines and is extremely detail oriented. The Events & Promotions Coordinator will ensure consistent event execution to accelerate demand generation productivity. This candidate will work closely and collaboratively with a variety of teams.
Responsible for supporting the Company’s mission, vision, and values by providing fun and games like no place else, and adheres to the Canterbury Way by focusing on our core values of family, fun, integrity, and community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example.
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of hospitality, as well as a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Creates high levels of morale, fosters teamwork, inspires collaboration, delegates effectively and coaches and mentors direct reports for growth opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day execution of assigned projects ensuring communication and information flow timely and effectively, and performance of strategy on all projects remains consistent.
- Asist in planning and execution of signature events in collaboration with senior management staff.
- Coordinate the execution of entertainment, promotions and overall operations both onsite and offsite.
- Assist with promotions, contests, & entertainment bits on the track as directed by Director of Entertainment
- Assist with the oversight of the seasonal interns including scheduling, conflict management and performance evaluations.
- Assist the partnership manager with the coordination and execution of sponsor fulfillment including: product fulfillment, promotional execution, and coordination of digital files, etc.
- Coordinate entertainment and ticketing based graphics and copy for email blasts and schedule according to the content calendar.
- Create effective internal communication to ensure company-wide understanding of upcoming events and necessary operational details.
- Respond to and execute charitable donation request under established donations guidelines.
- Support smooth execution of live racing traffic by coordinating with TV, tote board operators, Press Box, and more.
- May be called upon to conduct tours of facility or to engage audience on the microphone during live racing promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
View the Full Description & Apply