Communications & Events Manager – St. Croix Preparatory Academy
St. Croix Prep is a public charter school located in Stillwater and has established itself as one of the highest student achievement schools in the state. Students come to St. Croix Prep excited to learn and truly rise to meet the high expectations set by staff and the mission supporting student excellence in academics, character, and leadership.
General Purpose: Manage St. Croix Prep’s communications efforts and events.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- · Coordinate communications efforts for administrative information, events, activities and athletics.
- · Develop and distribute the weekly Parent Update, monthly Novi Scholae, and necessary stand-alone e-mails.
- · Identify, pitch and secure proactive media coverage for the school and Activities/Athletics.
- · Manage updates to the website and internal video display boards.
- · Manage SCPA branding and governance
- · Manage SCPA spirit wear selection and vendor relations.
- · Coordinate development of marketing collateral.
- · Create communications outreach programs for alumni and grandparents.
- · Manage web-based communication and fundraising database platforms, including Constant Contact, My School Anywhere, Boomerang, BidPal.
- · Manage messaging on social media outlets – SCPA Alumni Facebook and Activities/Athletics and school Twitter accounts.
- · Cultivate school connections with SCPA donors and including parents, grandparents and alumni.
- · Support SCPA Development efforts by assisting in the creation of fundraising campaign materials.
- · Manage logistics of the three annual fundraising events – Lions Open golf tournament, SCPA All School Marathon and Heart of the Arts and additional events as needed.
- · Develop sponsorship packages and solicit donors for events.
- · Manage volunteers and volunteer needs for events.
- · Serve as School liaison to St. Croix Prep Parent Group.
- · Support SCPA Development efforts by assisting in the special events components of fundraising campaigns.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- · 5 – 7 years experience in communications and events.
- · Highly skilled and demonstrated ability in written and verbal communications.
- · Demonstrated ability to manage events and budgets.
- · Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, etc.
- · Computer proficiency in word processing, web site content management, e-mail marketing software (i.e. Constant Contact) and web forms (i.e. Wufoo).
- · Experience with non-profit organizations.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, references and three writing samples to: email@example.com.