Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 Deadline: Until Position is Filled
Assist with managing the networks and support all IT equipment used while following proper procedures and security techniques and provide help desk support for staff
• Assist in managing day-to-day operations and maintenance in data and VoIP networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, phones, wireless devices and routers.
• Assist in managing, installing and configuring servers, desktop and laptop PCs, Macs and peripherals such as printers and mobile devices.
• Resolve difficult and complex problems relating to hardware, software and network problems.
• Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines.
• Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems.
• Maintain database backup and recovery infrastructure.
• Follow IT procedures, maintain software library and computer hardware inventory.
• Evaluate new technologies to determine if applicable to current business needs and compatible with current business applications and hardware.
• During peak activity times, work extra daily hours and periods with no days off.
• Assist with tasks as assigned by either the immediate supervisor or General Manager.
• Associate’s degree in a related field and at least four years of experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with a variety of IT concepts as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, and network connectivity.
• Knowledge and experience with Mac, Windows and/or Unix type operating systems.
• Experience with data and voice networking.
• Strong technical understanding in systems and network security is preferred.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
Each applicant must submit a cover letter and resume. Inquiries should be directed to the employment department MN State Fair, 1265 Snelling Avenue N, St. Paul, MN 55108 (651) 288-4400. When the position is filled, we will only respond to applicants that are interviewed for the position.