Twin Cities In Motion (TCM) is searching for a full-time Marketing & Communications Director. TCM is the non-profit organization responsible for organizing and hosting the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon – a top ten US marathon and “The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon in America”® – and a year-long calendar of running events. TCM, a respected industry leader for the past 35 years, strives to give the best experience possible to runners, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, spectators, and the community.
Maturity, leadership and executive-level thinking are critical skills for the Marketing & Communications Director position. The position will define, execute, and oversee the brand/reputation and marketing strategy of TCM’s events and programs, including developing marketing plans and related budgets, overseeing media outreach, social media, design, retail, and experience;, and working closely with the sales and operations team. The position will participate in the senior leadership team.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
- Develop, define, and execute marketing strategies and tactics, including business-driving marketing and experience plans that drive event registration growth and brand loyalty. Direct all aspects of advertising, including online, event-based, direct, etc. Help develop new products that meet market needs.
- Direct the strategy and creative for all marketing assets, including race swag, event assets, collateral, website, social media, etc.
- Grow TCM’s brand awareness and affinity, conducting and analyzing market and customer research.
- Manage P&L for TCM’s retail line, including year-round sales and its Marathon Weekend stores.
- Lead TCM’s crisis strategy, ensuring all public relations, media relations, and communications efforts reflect positively on TCM’s brand.
- Manage three full-time staff (Media & Communications Manager, Online Engagement Manager, and Events Experience Manager), interns, as well as the volunteer-based Marketing & Public Relations Division, comprised of three committees. Establish effective working relationships and ensure staff and volunteers are meeting goals. Direct all marketing-related budgets.
- Work closely with the sales/partnerships team, supporting efforts to grow sponsorship revenue.
- Create and foster strategic relationships with vendors including creative and advertising agencies, media, sponsors and partners.
- Serve on TCM’s senior leadership team, helping direct the organization’s overall strategy and goals.
- Like all TCM employees, have a significant presence at most TCM events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and apparent.
- Minimum 7+ years marketing experience.
- Strategic marketing experience in sports or participant event production community preferred.
- Experience with non-profits and volunteers a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and creative thinking.
- Effective leader and manager, able to build consensus and motivate others.
- Effective oral and writing communication skills. Strong interpersonal and planning skills.
- Able to handle busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with attention to detail and ability to maintain a calm presence during challenging situations.
- Four-year degree required in marketing or related field.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, salary qualifications and a resume by May 15, 2017 to email@example.com.