Visit Duluth is looking for an experienced, innovative, and successful leader to serve in the role of President of Sales and Operations. This exciting new position is a perfect opportunity to combine successful sales experience and proven leadership to help drive and support Duluth’s tourism and hospitality industry. Duluth is the top tourist destination in Minnesota and is a highly rated destination for both business and leisure travelers. Visit Duluth is an award-winning organization committed to serving the convention, conference, meetings and sports events markets, providing concierge services to meeting planners and event coordinators.
The President of Sales and Operations is responsible for sales and revenue generation, along with supporting all aspects of Visit Duluth and providing day-to-day leadership and direction, maintaining a positive visitor experience, driving employee development and satisfaction, brand standard compliance, human resources, financial performance, and delivering a return on investment.
- Lead sales initiative; sets individual and team goals and measures progress
- Generates maximum event and convention revenue across the City of Duluth by effectively managing sales budgets, expenses, and procedures
- Creates and implements plans to prospect, market, and attract the best possible convention and event mix for the community
- Maintain positive relationships and regular communication with City of Duluth administration to ensure transparency, accountability, and return on investment
- Oversee management of Duluth’s visitor center and services
- Demonstrates knowledge of key features and benefits of the brand and considers why those benefits would be valuable, resulting in increased brand loyalty, profitability, and revenue growth
- Champions, promotes, and increases awareness of the brand
- Acts as a key business resource with clients. Listens to find ways to help solve business challenges with available Duluth resources and helps clients be creative in imagining the possibilities.
- Continually expands expertise of the market and explores ways to differentiate
- Reviews production reports and other sales metrics to consistently evaluate potential revenue -and overall financial expectations for each account
- Work closely with the Visit Duluth board executive committee; support board engagement and manage board meeting logistics and materials
- Completes other tasks and duties as assigned based on business needs
View full description & apply