Reporting to the Group Sales Director, the Group Sales Coordinator assists sales staff in administrative functions related to coordinating sales events and supporting sales initiatives. Assists with customer service inquiries and telemarketing sales calls as needed. Contributes to the overall accomplishment of the division’s goals.
- Plans and implements arrangements for all group sales events. This includes booking park tickets and/or catering, creation and dissemination of paperwork to clients and park staff, attending events and evaluation of events upon completion.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to various park staff to ensure arrangements are carried out to meet/exceed client’s expectations. Acts as a liaison between client, sales staff and park departments involved with group events.
- Responsible for assisting with reconciliation of account balances for all group sales events and programs. Ensures catering invoices are accurate prior to client’s receipt. Works with accounting to ensure proper billing for all catered events.
- Assist with planning, coordination and on-site execution and operations for all special interest group events and youth programs such as Education Days, Physics and Science Days and Performance in the Park.
- Attends meetings, conferences and trade shows as required or appropriate.
- Develops and recommends improvements/changes for various group sales programs, including ticket programs, pricing, catering options, programs and menus for groups in conjunction with Food Service Division.
- Oversees the collateral development process to support catering and group sales programs.
- Responsible for set-up and testing of all group sales products and affiliate merchant stores.
- Hires, trains and manages performance and development of seasonal Group Sales staff. Recommends and participates in employee disciplinary actions. Manages labor budget to ensure actual expenditures stay within budget parameters.
- Adheres to all park policies and procedures, including attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to service in all aspects of employment.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.