In this position, you will work to develop, implement, and share research on tourism and outdoor recreation that informs program development, advises tourism-related decisions, and contributes to a successful and sustainable tourism industry. To do this, you will connect with Minnesota communities, industry experts, and colleagues.
This role will capitalize on experience in the design, implementation, evaluation, and application of research related to outdoor recreation, sustainable tourism, and traveler behavior. The successful candidate also has the ability to design and deliver research-based educational programs.
This position will also give you the opportunity to enhance and expand a nationally recognized extension program focused on tourism. The Tourism Center is recognized in Minnesota for its leadership in tourism research and the direct application of that research in communities. You will join a high impact and high-performance team that is passionate about communities and the industry. You will collaborate with team members located across the state of Minnesota, who will provide you with both networks and insights into regional tourism issues. You will also connect with campus-based faculty.
The position will report to the Tourism Center director (the primary supervisor) and will collaborate with colleagues as appropriate to fulfill Extension's and the Tourism Center’s missions.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The position will be located in Coffey Hall on the St Paul campus of the University of Minnesota. The person will also serve as a member of statewide program teams. Hybrid schedule is a possibility. However, travel for work is expected as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
Applied Research – 65%
- Assume leadership on research related to tourism, outdoor recreation, and traveler behavior
- Collaborate with colleagues on the design, implementation, dissemination, and evaluation of tourism and outdoor recreation research, with communication of findings tailored to be appropriate to the audience
- Develop and secure funds and resources to support research through grants, fee-for-service, third party reimbursement and other means
- Use technology to communicate, collect information, and design and deliver research-based information
- Collaborate with supervisor to establish, evaluate, and report on annual work goals, activities, impacts and outcomes that align with program-area priorities and demonstrate progress on required criteria associated with promotion in academic rank.
Email Tourism Center Director Dr. Xinyi Qian (email@example.com) with questions. We are looking for the best fit and the application deadline is March 28.
Learn more & apply here