The Minnesota Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow. The orchestra typically presents nearly 175 programs each year, primarily at its home venue of Orchestra Hall in downtown Minneapolis, a world-class performing arts center praised internationally for its acoustics.
The Events and Facility Sales Coordinator serves as the primary contact for rental events once the contract has been fully executed. Responsible for the coordination and communication (with clients, vendors, and MOA administrative staff) of all details related to assigned rental events at Orchestra Hall. Assists with rental sales calls and facility tours as necessary.
Prepares invoice for final review by Events and Facility Sales Manager. Provides assistance to the Manager of Concert Enhancements, Concessions, and Special Events as assigned as well as other departments as necessary with event planning. This position is the primary contact for venue use scheduled by internal clients/departments. Serves as on-site Event Manager approximately once per week depending on event load.
Major Job Functions:
Assists Event and Facilities Sales Manager with coordination and execution of private, community, and business rentals for Orchestra Hall including:
- Community non-profit events
- Donor-hosted events
- Business meetings and presentations
- Parties and banquets
- Weddings and receptions
- Special occasions
- Graduation ceremonies
- Political gatherings
- Educational activities
- Conventions and trade shows
- Exhibits and displays
- Internal events
Provides exceptional client services that exceed customer expectations. Assures that events are well produced through correspondence with clients and staff, production meetings with clients and staff, staff scheduling and additional arrangements.
- Acts as primary contact for Rental clients once contract has been signed.
- Responds to event inquires and requests with information, facility tours, and pricing, demonstrating creativity in meeting client’s needs. Responds to all customer calls and requests within 48 hours.
- Builds and sustains customer relationships. Foster ongoing relationships through persistence, professionalism and organization. Follow-up with accounts on a regular basis.
- Diagrams and communicates room set-up and overall preparation for event. Suggest and revise Orchestral Hall auditorium and room layouts.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing to prospects, clients, and internal administrative staff to ensure high quality of service.
- Produces event information documents for both audience services and backstage production.
- Manages rental events (as needed) and/or initiates event launch by greeting client and providing work direction to front-of-house and production staff.
- Prepares final settlement documents and any post show briefing notes in a timely manner.
Collaborate with Marketing Manager on marketing and communications plan
- Ensures that rental clients marketing needs (i.e. digital signage, web site listing, and front-drive signage) are scheduled and coordinated with marketing design and production team.
Coordinate with internal staff to achieve successful event outcomes
- Communicate effectively with internal events team to effectively and efficiently process assigned incoming sales business.
- Serve as an active member of Audience Services event management team by attending routinely scheduled meetings and serving as back-up for event staffing.
- Four-year college degree.
- Minimum two years event coordinating experience in: a performing arts or events venue; hotel or hospitality industry; corporate or convention center; or non-profit arts.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Flexible schedule: must be available to work weekdays, weekends and some holidays due to events.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
No Phone Calls Please