Position: Events Intern
Hours: 40 hrs per week starting summer 2020 & part-time March - May
Compensation: Paid hourly
Mission: The mpls downtown council mission is creating an extraordinary downtown through leadership, collaboration, advocacy, and innovation. Founded in 1955 and the mpls downtown council is one of the oldest central business district associations in the nation, the mpls downtown council produces such cherished Minneapolis events as the Aquatennial and Holidazzle.
The Minneapolis Aquatennial is the Official Civic Celebration of the City of Minneapolis offers outstanding entertainment and activities for all ages run July 22-25 featuring the Torchlight Parade and Fireworks.
General Aquatennial Responsibilities may include:
- On-site Event Staff for Aquatennial and other mpls downtown council produced events.
- Manage Associated Events including onsite execution day of.
- Manage Fireworks entertainment and schedule of events.
- Manage food vendor program.
- Support Event Staff needs for Aquatennial and other events.
- Compile all necessary materials for on-site at events.
- Assist with sponsor appreciation efforts, including thank you materials.
- Assist with permit submissions.
- Manage volunteer program.
- Logistics and operations support.
General Event Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage activities for the mpls downtown council at Target Field Station and Hennepin County Government Center – South Plaza including development of programming, activities and on-site event support.
- Provide on-site event support for following events: Open Streets, American Heart Association Heart Walk, The Most Epic Family Day, council membership events, Aquatennial, and others as assigned.
- Support in Holidazzle 2020 planning efforts including developing and scheduling programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in on-site event execution.
- Experience in working with vendors, volunteers and across different business platforms.
- Physical demands, ability to lift 25 lbs, stand for extended periods of time and work in various weather elements.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and provide creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to changing needs.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently without supervisor presence and within a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to deliver on organizational commitments and to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Meghan Gustafson at email@example.com.