What we’re looking for in you
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with a major in Community Relations, Communications/Marketing, Community Health, Health Promotion or related field.
• Relevant work experience in event planning and community outreach may be substituted for education.
• Direct event planning and outreach experience with health promotion and/or community health highly desirable.
• Detail oriented with superior organizational and logistical skills.
• Ability to work independently and with team to develop and prioritize workflows and meet deadline efficiently.
• Adaptable, flexible, positive and poised with a desire to succeed.
• Superior verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills including web and social media.
• Ability to develop relationships with community partners with excellent follow-through regarding partner expectations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with social media and web.
• Cultural competency & a comprehensive understanding of issues of diversity
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and be very physically active loading, unloading and delivering materials to community partners and assisting with event set up and tear down.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet all criteria required under Lakeview’s Automobile Liability Guidelines with access to personal vehicle for driving between office and community locations throughout the St. Croix Valley and twin Cities area.
• Availability for variable work schedule including evenings and weekends based on event schedules.
• Experience with volunteer management and/or community outreach highly desirable.
• Experience with health communications, website, social media and copy editing highly desirable.
• Event and outreach interest, aptitude and experience.
• Proficient with data in Excel spreadsheets and graphing.
The purpose of the Community Events & Outreach Coordinator role
As a Community Events & Outreach Coordinator, you will coordinate and implement direct outreach for the Community Health team and key programs PowerUp and Make It OK. This position is key to the delivery of outreach activities that are organized and contribute to building strong community partnerships in the St. Croix River Valley area. The position is responsible for successful coordination, implementation, communication, documentation and evaluation of hundreds of events and partnerships annually. This position specifically focuses on event and outreach planning and communications in response requests, coordinating systems for community outreach, scheduling volunteers and staff and managing materials and inventory.
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Did you know…
Lakeview Hospital has free parking for all employees?
Lakeview offers a generous employee discount in our pharmacy?
Lakeview offers salad bar in the cafeteria every day and one day each week for ½ price?
Lakeview offers tuition reimbursement for eligible roles at an employment status of 0.4 FTE and above?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Here for more and to apply.